In the global automotive industry, opportunities and risks are everywhere — in emerging and mature markets alike. But while possibilities are plentiful, profitable growth is becoming more difficult to achieve and challenges — from the supply chain to the retail environment — can up-end even the best laid plans. Amidst this landscape, automotive organisations must conduct their business, while at the same time adapting to new regulations, reducing costs, managing capacity and inventory, and controlling healthcare and compensation costs.
In PwC’ global automotive practice, we bring together professionals in these areas and more to help you address these important issues.
- Business transactions to sustain and grow core revenues
- Cost reduction/performance improvement
- Emerging markets
- Excess labour, production capacity, inventory, and predatory pressures on margins
- Improving supply chain efficiency
- Managing retiree health care costs
- Retail and distribution performance
- New regulations (accounting standards, government regulations - e.g., block exemption reform, IFRS, ELV, CAFE, EU accession, CO2 regulations)
- Environmental sustainability
How PwC can help you
To help meet these challenges, many automotive companies have chosen to work with a professional services organisation that has its finger on the pulse of the automotive industry — an organisation that deeply understands the industry’s fundamental business and financial issues. Only a global organisation with the highest level of automotive industry expertise can add value to your operations.
PwC is that global organisation. Welcome to our global automotive practice.